About Me

This is my first year in London doing my BMus Year 3 in Kingston University. This blog is about my life in Kingston, London and all the wonderful discoveries I have found out about London and the cities around it.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Ikea Wembley - Home away from home

















I decided to check out Ikea Wembley to try to relive the memories in Ikea Tampines back in Singapore. Apparently, I have a very interesting boyfriend who is totally crazy about Ikea. Not surprisingly, Ikea Tampines became our frequent dating venue. (Think meatballs.)

Well, I cant say it is the most romantic place on earth, but yet it is the simplest things we did in Ikea that I always remember. (Think getting a real cheap deal on the last set of double bed frame.)

Ikea makes you feel so at home because the layout is always the same, no matter where you are. You take an escalator into the showrooms, walk through the different sections, take the stairs down to pick up your items, check-out, then Ikea HotDog buns... So familiar, it is as if you are at home.

Ikea Wembley is very very big. So big that there is a banner saying 'Entrance' just in case you were wondering where the entrance is. It has a huge open-air carpark and another huge multi-storey carpark. But, as usual, one can always take the free Ikea bus. Familiar again?

How to get there: Take the free Ikea Shuttle Bus from Stonebridge Park Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment