About Me

This is my first year in London doing my BMus Year 3 in Kingston University. This blog is about my life in Kingston, London and all the wonderful discoveries I have found out about London and the cities around it.

Friday, November 19, 2010

You haven't been to London till you have watched a LSO concert...

I went to watch the rehearsal and concert by London Symphony Orchestra today. I was completely blown off. I watched numerous concerts by the SSO and thought they were really really good. But, LSO is top-notch.

On top of that, they have a really interesting resident conductor, Valery Gergiev. Watching him conduct is like putting the music onto a canvas. He transferred so much information with just two arms. I am ashamed to say, but I have to admit, it took me quite a long time during the rehearsal to figure out what he was trying to convey in each micro-action.
However, once I got it, I felt like I am part of the orchestra. It's a really strange feeling. 

I enjoyed myself a lot and I can go on all day with the descriptions, but it is time for some photos~





Barbican centre




I couldn't help but take a photo of the toilet. Each cubicle has its own sink, mirror and paper towels. Turn the tap on and off with a sensor. I must say this is way smarter than Esplanade's hand sensor tap. I am not biased. Plain truth.


How to get there: Barbican Station followed by 5 mins walk
Stupid Circle Line~ I was almost late for the concert because of it. I boarded the train thinking that I will be early but I was so wrong. It kept stopping in between stations and we were told that there was a "jam".
"We should be moving off in a few minutes. There is a Metropolitan line in front of us and we are currently second in the queue." I thought I only hear this when I am in a plane, not in a tube. Ok, I should stop complaining and just get used to it.

When I got off the tube, I ran and ran. My heart was beating so hard, it hurts. Bad idea to run in the freezing cold, especially when the concert started late, which is shocking. All along I thought concerts in London start on time. Oh well...
A long eventful day...

No comments:

Post a Comment