About Me

This is my first year in London doing my BMus Year 3 in Kingston University. This blog is about my life in Kingston, London and all the wonderful discoveries I have found out about London and the cities around it.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Victoria and Albert Museum and a whole lot of fun~

How to get there: South Kensington Underground, turn right upon exit and follow the signs in the subway

I went there to visit the exhibition on Diaghilev and the Golden Age of the ballet russes. Entrance to the museum is free, but I believe it costs 6pounds to get into the exhibition. I went there with my school, so it was free.

































I found the exhibition really interesting as it really sets the context of the music at that time (eg: Stravinsky's Rite of Spring) and how the other art forms (dance, art, design) were all integrated together. Most importantly, it was a topic I didn't explore before. Now, the exhibition seems to ignite an interest to read up more in this area.


After the exhibition, I went to Leicester Square. It's my fourth time to Chinatown and guess what, I still did not manage to find See Woo. But I insist that I should know and memorise the route. And so I did. I bought 5kg of rice. I am so proud of myself to carry it plus loads of other things back home.

Meanwhile, I passed by a funfair.
















Look at all those gigantic bears~ How I wish some guy will win one for me... (:























Me to You bears~ So so so so tempted to get one...


So tired from all that heavy groceries, but it was definitely an enriching day in 'Enrichment Week'.

No comments:

Post a Comment